Bar/Bat Mitzvah Role: Torah blessings and portion, Haftarah blessings and portion, d'var Torah, selected English readings in the Torah service, private blessing in front of the ark.
- B’nei mitzvah families sit in the front rows of the sanctuary. We encourage immediate family to arrive 20 minutes before the service begins.
- Immediate family is invited to participate in the hakafah (Torah procession).
- Parents and grandparents are invited to stand on the bima and participate in passing the Torah from generation to generation.
- Parents and grandparents who are not Jewish may participate in the Torah pass and may be honored with an aliyah in English.
- Even if parents are not among those honored with an aliyah, they may also be on the bima with their child during the Torah reading.
- Please be sure that anyone honored with an aliyah is comfortable with his/her role.
- At least one person, but no more than four people per aliyah, can participate in the Torah blessings; please list the name(s) on each line below.
- Torah Blessings and recordings can be found here.